Software Engineer Computer Vision (m/f/d)
We need support for our software development team in the USA!
- You will work as part of our R&D team on the development of innovative software solutions for the optical capture and analysis of travel documents
- You design algorithms and software concepts for machine image and data analysis. You evaluate prototypical software solutions and implement them as part of the DESKO software infrastructure in C/C++
- You will independently accompany the entire software life cycle from specification, conception, implementation to software maintenance
- You create and maintain software packages (SDKs) for the integration of DESKO devices into customer-specific environments
- To collaborate with Americas Sales team in following areas
- support customer integrations and on-site visits and answering their technical questions, suggesting best practice solutions
- collaborate on building POCs and/or participating in pilot engagements, helping customers see the solution fit in their environment
- support to management of those customer projects via liaison with the engineering team in Bayreuth
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution in:
- Computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering (business) mathematics, physics, science or engineering sciences with 2 years professional experience
- Analytical thinking, independent working, sense of responsibility and ability to work in a team
- Ability to work remotely and independently majority of the time
- Ability to communicate well in English, good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Practical and conceptual experience in development in at least one high-level programming language (ideally C/C++)
- Ideally previous experience in computer vision, machine learning, signal processing or a related field
- Must be self-motivated, self-directed and possess strong organizational skills
- Willing to travel estimate 20% of time
- Work from home, preferred location within 50-mile radius of Chicago
- Must be able to legally work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
What the people who work at DESKO say
"Image processing (computer vision) is a big and important topic for us. Is it the same for you? Then we look forward to receiving your application."
Norman Neugebauer, Head of R&D
- There will be 2 trainings at the office in Germany. Each training is 4 weeks long. Between these 2 training periods will be 8 weeks
- Training in Germany (Headquarters) 4 weeks
- Working in US with the team 8 weeks
- 2nd training in Germany (Headquarters) 4 weeks
What qualifications should I have for this position?
As a software engineer in the field of computer vision, you will be responsible for the further development of our image-based algorithms. This requires a good understanding of algorithms, mathematics and logic. Ideally, you have already gained experience in this or related fields, such as signal processing, artificial intelligence, data science, etc.
Is the job also something for career changers?
It is not necessary to have a specialized degree for this position. Maybe you have studied mathematics and worked on algorithms and software development? Even if you are currently working in another field, the position with us could be just the right one for you.
What tasks are waiting for me?
As you may have read, we are developers and manufacturers of passport readers and barcode scanners. Behind these optical systems there are a lot of algorithms that are responsible for image data processing and pattern recognition. Your task is to optimize and continuously develop this software. This position offers exciting challenges, especially due to the application in the area of travel and identity documents.
Have we aroused your interest?
Send your application with details of your earliest possible starting date and salary expectations to:
Mr. Norman Neugebauer
or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bitte beachten Sie, dass offizielle DESKO E-Mails nur die folgenden Endungen haben: .de, .com.
Sollten Sie E-Mails mit anderen Endungen erhalten, raten wir Ihnen diese zu ignorieren.