Field Application Engineer (m/f/d)
We need support for our international team!
- As a Field Application Engineer you will support our sales team worldwide in pre- and after-sales in the creation of individual hardware and software concepts for our customers
- You will support our customers on your own responsibility or within the scope of projects in the integration of our products as well as with technical questions and solve problems on the phone or on site
- You organize technical trainings, product presentations and workshops for your sales colleagues as well as for partners or customers
- Completed technical studies or comparable training with several years of professional experience
- Experience in technical support with international customer contact
- Very high customer and service orientation
- Business fluent in German and English
- You communicate confidently on the phone or in webinars and can successfully solve problems through good analytical understanding
- Flexible working hours and a very high willingness to travel are a matter of course for you
What the people who work at DESKO say
"If you like to learn about the world, this is the place to be. We are a very international team, speaking over a dozen languages in total."
Alexander Zahn, Head of Sales & Marketing
Sitting for too long is detrimental to health, which is why all of our workstations are equipped with a height-adjustable desk.
As a FAE (Field Application Engineer) you are on the road a lot. Of course, we will provide you with a suitable vehicle for this purpose.
Parking on the company premises
Whether car, motorcycle, scooter, bicycle, e-bike or city scooter, we offer an appropriate parking space for each vehicle.
Which qualifications should I have for this position?
A Field Application Engineer (FAE) is a real allround talent, because this position not only requires a high level of technical understanding, but also very good communication skills. An FAE for DESKO travels all over the world to support customers in the technical integration of our solutions or to provide help and advice in case of problems.
This means that you act as an interface between sales and development. Therefore, it is especially important that you are at home in both worlds and that you can deal with its inhabitants equally well.
Is the job also something for career changers?
Absolutely. However, a successfully completed degree or technical training is already a huge advantage for the position as FAE. You should also have a great technical understanding, an interest in intercultural exchange, and a business-fluent command of English.
You should also be proficient in a programming language or at least know how to address an SDK.
Which foreign languages should I speak for this job?
The business fluent command of the English language (spoken and written) is essential, because you represent the company DESKO with the customers worldwide. You speak other languages as well? All the better, that is definitely an advantage for this position. If you also bring along a great intercultural interest and an open, cordial manner, there should be no communication barriers with international customers, partners or team members.
How often does a Field Application Engineer travel around the world?
This depends on the current situation and customer inquiries. There may be seasonal fluctuations , so it is not possible to make a definite statement about this. You can roughly say that you are on the road about 20-30% of your working time. In this job, it is also quite possible that trips are scheduled at short notice and last for a longer period of time. However, this is rather the exception, as a rule you are on the road for several days up to a week.
In any case, it is important that you have a valid passport so that you can get to the customer quickly if this is necessary at short notice.
Have we aroused your interest?
Then send your application with details of your earliest possible starting date and salary expectations to:
Mr. Alexander Zahn
or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that official DESKO emails have only the following endings: .de, .com.
If you receive emails with other endings, we advise you to ignore them.