Sales Manager APAC (m/f/d)
We need support for our regional sales team in Singapore!
Be part of the exciting new stage of our future growth! We have been developing solutions to read documents such as ID cards, barcodes, magnetic stripes and chip cards for more than 30 years. Areas of application range from simply reading or visually recording data all the way to full document authentication. From simple passport scanners to completely standalone self-service solutions, our versatile product portfolio allows us to respond flexibly to a wide range of customer requirements.
DESKO relies on a dedicated team of employees and a network of numerous sales partners around the world. DESKO products are sold in over 100 countries worldwide. More than 250,000 devices are in use every day at airports, banks, government agencies, border control and more.
Sales Manager APAC (m/f/d)
- Key account management by maintaining and nurturing existing customers
- Solution selling to OEM, end user, reseller and channel partner accounts
- Identification of new business opportunities both geographically and by industry sectors
- Vertical market presence in transportation, banking / finance, hospitality, security / access control and government
- Planning, preparing, conducting of product demos, presentations as well as following up on customer activities
- Participation in marketing and customer-related events (exhibitions, conferences etc.)
- Working closely with internal stakeholders (international team) on customer-related activities (product pre-sales, technical support and order processing)
- Market intelligence, monitoring and reporting on the activities, pricing of competitors, potential collaborators and threats encountered
- Handling issues and customer complaints, projects follow-up, account receivables and shipment follow-up
- Generating and maintaining a credible forecast for accounts and sectors and providing this information on a regular basis to senior management
- Creating budget sales forecast for each fiscal year for the Asia-Pacific market together with direct supervisor
- The compensation depends on experience level
- Degree / Diploma in business, economics or marketing
- Technical / Engineering competency will be a plus
- 3-5 years of solution selling experience preferred
- Ability to read, write and speak English and Chinese fluently
- Additional Asian language skills is a plus
- Resourceful team player with good communication and negotiation skills
- Need to be able to perform job functions independently
- Strong technical aptitude with the ability to learn new and changing technology quickly
- Proficiency in Salesforce or similar CRM
- Overseas travel up to 50% of the time
- Singaporean to apply
What the people who work at DESKO say
"Don’t be afraid to give up the good to go for the great." by John D. Rockefeller
Denny Koh, Sales Director APAC
What we offer
We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being:
- Full-time job
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Medical officer
- Expenses reimbursable
- Work Location Singapore, ideally near Paya Lebar MRT station
A modern workstation equipment inlcuding two screens is standard at DESKO, so no team member has to work with a slow PC and outdated IT technology.
Hot drinks for free
You love tea or can only live with 8 cups of coffee a day? Here at DESKO you get as much as you want from both.
Comfortable office ...
... our office in Singapore has enough space for two fully equipped workstations and a large window to let in plenty of daylight. It is placed one minute walking distance to the MRT station.
The office is based in a modern building with many opportunities for lunch and dinner and a large entrance hall with a security entrance to each floor. If you want, you can read your daily newspaper in the reading corner on the office floor.
What qualifications should I have for this position?
For the position of Sales Manager at DESKO it is not only important that you enjoy interacting with different people and cultures. You also need to have a keen curiosity for technological disruptions.
If you don't shy from travelling, then you are welcome to communicate with us.
Is the job also suitable for career changers?
Yes, of course. If you are a real sales talent and fit in our team, you can also make it as a career changer.
What tasks are waiting for me?
As a sales manager, you will mainly be in contact with customers and prospects to provide them with the best possible advice and solutions. This could be achieved by visiting customers on site or via phone and email.
Do I need a specific travel document?
It would be an advantage if you have a valid Singapore passport. This will make your travel much easier for DESKO.
Have we aroused your interest?
Send your resume with details of your earliest possible starting date and salary expectations to:
by email: email@example.com
DESKO Pte. Ltd.
1 Paya Lebar Link
Paya Lebar Quarter 1 Level 4
Singapore 408533 | Singapore
Registered address: DESKO Pte. Ltd. - 150 Orchard Road #08-01 - Singapore 238841 | Registration number: 201312991C
Please note that official DESKO emails have only the following endings: .de, .com.
If you receive emails with other endings, we advise you to ignore them.