Sales Manager Southern Europe and MEA (m/f/d)
We need support for our regional sales team in Europe!
Be a part of the exciting new stage of our future growth! For more than 30 years, DESKO has been developing hardware for data capture with a product portfolio ranging from OCR swipe readers to passport/ID full-page scanners. DESKO is a world-class leader in the document scanning industry, well-known by all major stake holders (airports, governments, private sectors). Typical fields of application include e.g. the airport environment in which the employees use DESKO scanners mainly for passenger check-in & boarding. Other fields of application include the verification of ID documents at the border control and data capture from boarding passes at the boarding gate.
DESKO is a German company with its headquarters located in Bayreuth, Germany. The company operates further subsidiaries in Singapore and the USA. The main divisions include travel, security and border control, banking and self-service/kiosk integration. DESKO works with in-house staff at all subsidiaries as well as an additional network of resellers around the globe. All DESKO products are in usage worldwide.
Join our team and look forward to a secure job in a successful, fast-growing company!
We are searching for a
Sales Manager Southern Europe and MEA (m/f/d)
- Sales of solutions for ID document authentication, including hardware (the scanner) and software
- Area: Southern Europe and MEA (Middle East & Africa)
- Full responsibility for european French speaking countries (France Belgium) and Africa
- In charge of supporting the Sales Director for MEA and Southern Europe: preparing & sending offers, following-up on the small and medium-sized accounts
- Responsible for the sales: channel partners, software and hardware integrators, final customers, customer loyalty, sales development and achievement of sales targets
- New customer acquisition and support of existing customers, with the support of a sales assistant and a technical team
- Customer and trade fair visits in the EMEA region
- Report to the Sales Director of Southern Europe and MEA, based in Germany and to the EMEA VP of Sales based in Paris (France)
- The internal sales team will be there to assist you
- Do you enjoy working with people from different cultures?
- Do you have experience in active sales and are you looking for a career change or career move?
- Would you like to work for a modern, successful medium-sized company?
- Are you keen on working in a niche market, with exciting end customers and in a technical environment?
- Fluent in French and English - Arabic is a plus
- 1 to 3 years of experience in sales, ideally international sales and preferably in the region mentioned
- Business-oriented studies (High Business School, Business license or Master or similar)
- Strong communication skills
- Intercultural competence
- Independent, solution-oriented, persistent and very organized
- A technical background is a plus
- Availability for business trips (20-30% of your time)
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM
- Ability to drive and lead complex projects in a challenging commercial and technical environment
- Will to work on long-term relationships, build a personal trust with key customers, create new partnerships, build up a network of active resellers
- Ability to build an argument, understand and explain technical solutions and convince key decision makers
- Ability/will to work in the following main industries: airport/airline, governments (Ministry of Interior, Police departments, City Halls), gaming, tax refund, access control, hotels, banking
- Ability/will to work with: IT directors, Senior Solution designers, Senior Project Managers and Heads of Procurement
What the people who work at DESKO say
"We can only offer added value to the customer if we ask questions and listen carefully."
Alberto Boggetti, Sales Director (EMEA)
What we offer
We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being:
- A benevolent and positive atmosphere in which we support each other in achieving our goals
- A modern, diversified workplace in a growth-oriented company (steady growth since its foundation)
- Interesting tasks and cooperation with well-known customers worldwide
- Career opportunities and development as a senior sales manager over the next 3 to 5 years
- Attractive remuneration and appealing conditions and securities of a successful company
- Permanent full-time employment
- A worldwide recognized product range of high quality. Our products are considered top of the line all over the world.
- Optional: Home Office, including regular trips to our HQ in Germany
A modern workstation equipment inlcuding two screens is standard at DESKO, so no team member has to work with a slow PC and outdated IT technology.
As a Sales Manager you are on the road a lot. Of course, we will provide you with a suitable vehicle for this purpose.
Team spirit is very important to us. If a team gets on well together, it can successfully complete projects together. That's why we believe that joint activities and events are just part of the game.
What qualifications should I have for this position?
For the position of a Sales Manager at DESKO, it is not only important that you enjoy contact with different people and cultures. If you have the ability to drive and manage complex projects in a challenging commercial and technical environment, then this job is perfect for you. If you also enjoy working on long-term customer relationships, building personal trust with key customers and a network of active resellers, then you should definitely apply.
It is also very important that you have a good technical understanding and are not afraid of new technical developments or of being away from the office due to business trips.
Is the job also something for career changers?
In this case, the job is not suitable for career changers. Ideally, you should already have 2-3 years of experience in international sales.
Your great strength lies in communication, technical and intercultural understanding? Great, then this is your "perfect match".
What tasks are waiting for me?
As a Sales Manager, you will mainly be in contact with customers and prospects to provide them with the best possible advice and solutions. This could be done by phone, email or by visiting customers on site.
The close cooperation with the head office in Germany is also essential. You will be in daily contact with the internal sales team. Our support and marketing teams are also based in Germany and will work closely with you.
Have we aroused your interest?
Send your resume with details of your earliest possible starting date and salary expectations to:
Mr. Alberto Boggetti
or by email to: email@example.com
Please note that official DESKO emails have only the following endings: .de, .com.
If you receive emails with other endings, we advise you to ignore them.