Software Engineer Computer Vision (m/f/d)
We need support for our software development team in Bayreuth
At DESKO, we try to make the world a little better every day. How do we do that? Quite simply. Together, we ensure that important security standards can be met. Whether it it finance, travel or even access control, our solutions help people around the world verify identification documents.
In order to continue supporting our customers, we are constantly looking to expand our international team. All the people who work for us love their job, enjoy working in a team and together they face new challenges that the markets offer us.
You want that too? Then start your career with us as:
Software Engineer Computer Vision (m/f/d)
- You will work as part of our R&D team on the development of innovative hardware and software solutions for the optical capture and analysis of travel documents.
- You design algorithms and software concepts for machine image and data analysis. You evaluate prototypical software solutions and implement them as part of the DESKO software infrastructure in C/C++.
- You will independently accompany the entire software life cycle from specification, conception, implementation to software maintenance.
- You create and maintain software packages (SDKs) for the integration of DESKO devices into customer-specific environments.
- You advise colleagues from other departments as well as external project partners on technical issues.
- Completed studies in the field of (business) computer science, (business) mathematics, physics, science or engineering sciences or a subject-related professional training (e.g. IT specialist) ideally with professional experience
- Analytical thinking, independent working, sense of responsibility and ability to work in a team
- German and English conversationally fluent in speech and writing
- Practical and conceptual experience in development in at least one high-level programming language (ideally C/C )
- Ideally previous experience in computer vision, machine learning, signal processing or a related field
- Great motivation to perform this task
What the people who work at DESKO say
"Image processing (computer vision) is a big and important topic for us. Is it the same for you? Then we look forward to receiving your application."
Norman Neugebauer, Head of R&D
What we offer
We do not need to hide our benefits either. This overview shows you what to expect:
A modern workstation equipment is standard at DESKO, so no team member has to work with a slow PC and outdated IT technology.
Flexible solutions for home office
Flexible working plays an important role in achieving a good work-life balance. That is why we provide each team member with a laptop. This allows them to work flexibly from home in consultation with their colleagues. By that, family and career can perfectly be arranged.
Modern company building...
... fully air-conditioned and with automatic ventilation system and filters according to the latest standards. You can expect the best possible comfort and a pleasant working environment every day. Meeting corners in the offices offer retreats for concentrated work.
Sitting for too long is detrimental to health, which is why all of our workstations are equipped with a height-adjustable desk.
Hot and cold drinks for free
You love tea or can only live with 8 cups of coffee a day? Here at DESKO you get as much as you want from both. For refreshment there are also cold drinks available, e.g. water, cola or juice spritzer.
Parking on the company premises
Whether car, motorcycle, scooter, bicycle, e-bike or city scooter, we offer an appropriate parking space for each vehicle.
What qualifications should I have for this position?
As a software engineer in the field of computer vision, you will be responsible for the further development of our image-based algorithms. This requires a good understanding of algorithms, mathematics and logic. Ideally, you have already gained experience in this or related fields, such as signal processing, artificial intelligence, data science, etc.
Is the job also something for career changers?
It is not necessary to have a specialized degree for this position. Maybe you have studied mathematics and worked on algorithms and software development? Even if you are currently working in another field, the position with us could be just the right one for you.
What tasks are waiting for me?
As you may have read, we are developers and manufacturers of passport readers and barcode scanners. Behind these optical systems there are a lot of algorithms that are responsible for image data processing and pattern recognition. Your task is to optimize and continuously develop this software. This position offers exciting challenges, especially due to the application in the area of travel and identity documents.
Have we aroused your interest?
Send your application with details of your earliest possible starting date and salary expectations to:
Mr. Alexander Zahn
or by email to: email@example.com
Please note that official DESKO emails have only the following endings: .de, .com.
If you receive emails with other endings, we advise you to ignore them.