Software Engineer Linux (m/f/d)
We need support for our software development team in Bayreuth
- You will work as part of our R&D team on the development of innovative hardware and software solutions for the optical capture and analysis of travel documents.
- You port our DESKO products into the Linux world.
- You will be responsible for the entire software life cycle from specification, conception, implementation to software maintenance.
- You advise colleagues from other departments as well as external project partners on technical issues.
- Completed studies in the field of (business) computer science, (business) mathematics, physics, sciences or engineering or a subject-related professional training (e.g. IT specialist) ideally with professional experience
- Analytical thinking, independent working, sense of responsibility and ability to work in a team
- German and English conversationally fluent in speech and writing
- Practical and conceptual experience in development in at least one high-level programming language (ideally C/C++ )
- Ideally previous experience in development under Linux and/or embbeded Linux
- Good knowledge of Linux
- High motivation and willingness to perform for this task
What the people who are working for us say
"The tasks of our software department are very extensive and versatile. Therefore, it is great if our team can think outside the box."
Norman Neugebauer, Head of R&D
Sitting for too long is detrimental to health, which is why all of our workstations are equipped with a height-adjustable desk.
Hot and cold drinks for free
You love tea or can only live with 8 cups of coffee a day? Here at DESKO you get as much as you want from both. For refreshment there are also cold drinks available, e.g. water, cola or juice spritzer.
Parking on the company premises
Whether car, motorcycle, scooter, bicycle, e-bike or city scooter, we offer an appropriate parking space for each vehicle.
Which qualifications should I have for this position?
You have know-how in Linux development with different target platforms (desktop PC, embedded ...) as well as experience in system development ideally up to kernel level, C/C++, scripting (Bash, Python ...). Packaging and Docker are no foreign words to you. You have already worked in structured software projects (e.g. SCRUM) with common software tools (e.g. GIT. CMake) and you bring the ability for creative problem solving.
Is the job also something for career changers?
The position is perfect for people who are involved in Linux development and who have the appropriate knowledge.
What tasks are waiting for me in this position?
The main area of responsibility is the development of device software, libraries and device control on different target platforms (desktop, PC, embedded server,...). In addition to the specification and implementation of APIs, you are also responsible for the customer documentation and creation of corresponding demonstration applications. You are also responsible for the created software products over their entire life cycle and support their integration into customer environments.
Have we aroused your interest?
Send your application with details of your earliest possible starting date and salary expectations to:
Mr. Alexander Zahn
or by email to: email@example.com
Please note that official DESKO emails have only the following endings: .de, .com.
If you receive emails with other endings, we advise you to ignore them.